Meet Mr. Bergren


As we begin a new school year, we welcome a number of new teachers. One of these teachers is Mr. Ryan Bergren. Mr. Bergren is Messmer's new English I and English III teacher. 
Mr. Bergren, unsure of what he was going to college for at first says, “As a sophomore I committed to education.” Graduating college in December of 2011, Mr. Bergren taught for a year at Greenfield High School. When asked why he chose Messmer, Bergren responded, “Messmer holds students and faculty to the highest standards while instilling a nurturing, encouraging environment where everyone can better themselves.” Going back to his childhood, Bergren says his favorite subject was World History, even saying, “To this day I still love reading about World War II.” As an English teacher who loves History, I felt the need to ask him what inspires him to teach English. Bergren responded, “I have a strong passion for reading and literature.” Mr. Bergren says, “I’m excited to begin my professional career at Messmer.”

--Contributed by Junior Terrell Mathews