Reaching Out; Helping Out


15 years ago, when Mr. Jack Hauser joined the Messmer family, Messmer High School was not involved in the community. He realized that the Messmer Bishops would be a good asset to those in need. 
St. Ben's, an outreach program that provides food, shelter, and clothing to the poor, was very open to letting Messmer students help them reach out to the unfortunate. By doing this students are living the gospel that God gave humankind, to help your brothers and sisters. Mr. Hauser said, “I feel that it is my responsibility as a man of God to feed the unfortunate.” Mr. Hauser's role at Messmer now is to be in charge of Family Ministry.
He also said “I feel the presence of fulfillment and of God when I see the Messmer students living the gospel.” Ever Clinton is a senior who got involved with the St. Ben's program her junior year. Ever said, “Each time I go, I enjoy it. I meet newcomers and share stories with the ones who always come. I’ve been active with the children. I love meeting new people; I love connecting with people.” 
Ever wants to continue to volunteer at the St. Ben's community meal program after she graduates from Messmer. If you are willing, Messmer students work at St. Ben's every other Thursday. Mr. Hauser would like to see our school involved in other community programs as well.



--Contributed by sophomore Savannah Short