The Senior Retreat

The senior retreat was held October 18th and 19th at Camp Minikani. It was an overnight event when the seniors were called to come together and bond with each other. 
There were numerous activities that allowed the students to get to know each other better. This included a trust exercise activity, where the seniors had to blindfold one another and lead each other to a destination.
There was also a prayer service that allowed the seniors to share their stories. Some were emotional, some were inspiring and uplifting. Senior Brianna Edwards said, “The retreats was so fun! It really inspired me to be more understanding of people’s struggles." Senior Ngozi Osademe said, "The retreat allowed me to get to know people better and spending a night really helped with the bonding." 
This was the last retreat for the seniors and will be the most memorable. Ms. Amy Gibson, the senior guidance counselor said, "I thought it turned out great this year and it allowed students to connect. I was very proud of the seniors trying new things. When I go to retreats it renews my faith in them and I can see that the seniors are bound for great things.” 
The senior retreat was about being together, having fun, while taking the time to thank God and renew your faith.

--Contributed by senior Neena Mathews